Wednesday 24 May 2017

Our girl, Lily

 

I'm writing this in the garden, after having it confirmed that we won't be doing an embryo transfer today. My ovaries are still too large (7 x 8 x 10 cms to be precise) and I don't feel well enough to do this anyway. So we're freezing our four little embryos tomorrow (fingers crossed that they do ok) and I am focussing on chilling out.

The weather is helping. It is warm and sunny and will be for the next few days, and our beautiful garden is giving me chills. I may not have babies (yet) but I have all this green. Plus our Lily under the table.

Lily has now been with us for about 3 months. She is a chocolate brown Portuguese Water Dog and she has become such a focus for us. It may not be altogether healthy for her to be the centre of attention, but I see that both W and I had love left over to give from giving to each other - we needed a dog. And I knew this deep inside the whole time.

Persuading W to get a dog took time, basically about 3 months. In the end, I think he decided that it was non-negotiable, so I flew out to Budapest and picked her up. PWD breeders aren't exactly thick on the ground. She was then just over 10 kilos, and is now 19, and I struggle to remember how small she was. But she certainly fit in my lap, whereas now (although she thinks she can) she can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment